Hey there! How are you? Hope you are in pink of your health.
"Some gifts are big. Others are small. But the ones that come from the heart are the best gifts of all." I'm here to share an amazing idea to bring up smiles over the faces of our beloved family and friends on their special occasions.
I have made scratch cards for my brother on his birthday wherein I mentioned the hidden places of his gifts in the form of puzzles. It was fun starting from scratching off the cards followed by a treasure hunt and finally unwrapping presents.
Didn't that sound fascinating? Well let us know how it is done
Things we need:
- colour paper
- acrylic paint
- handwash or dishwash
- glitter powder
- colour mixing pallete
- paint brush
- cello tape
How do we do it?
- Firstly take a cardboard and cut it into your desired shape and measurement.
- Secondly, take a coloured paper and cut it in a way that the size of the paper is smaller than the cardboard.
- Now we must put down our thoughts on the coloured paper in the form of text, drawing, hint, anything which would probably bring up smiles on our beloved ones by reading or seeing it.
- Then cello tape comes in the picture. We must be very careful while doing this step. I would recommend you a broader cello tape if not smaller width will also do. We must carefully stick the tape on the colour paper on which we have written or drawn.
- Now comes the fun part. Take the colour mixing palette and add
- one part of dishwashing liquid/ handwashing liquid
- one part of acrylic paint of desired colour
- and little glitter to it
Mix it together using the handle tip of a painting brush
- Take the mixture with a paintbrush and apply a thick layer on the cello taped side of our colour paper.
- Leave it to dry.
- Finally we must paste our colour paper to the cardboard with glue and decorate it as you please.
Our very own handmade scratch cards are ready!
wrap it in a gift cover or put it in an envelope.
I have added a coin as finishing touch so that it acts as a tool to scratch it.
In order to make it more personalised, I have added the coin which was minted on his birth year.
Hope you loved it.